25 Falling for Door County–Fun-For-All Things to Do in Door County!
"Be In the Know Before You Go . . . and When You Get There!™"
Door County Made Easy! Trusted Reviews & Videos. All Door County. All You Need.
Personal. Professional. Accurate. Since 2000
Download our Mobile App: Door County On the Go(tm)
Fall into the Season – in Door County! Fall in Door County is special – so make sure you spend some time and come on up. And think about coming up for a mid-week trip – avoid the busy weekends, get some great deals, and truly relax! Here are a few things to help as a guide! And please, please, please tell any and all of these businesses that you found them on DoorCountyNavigator.com – that helps us and them and you!
Be In the Know Before You Go . . . and When You Get There!™ Our suggestion is to spend time reading our Trusted Reviews, and watching the over 180 videos we have produced. We have done the legwork, so you can find the best. Between the professional and accurate reviews, and our videos you can to get some great ideas on where to stay, dine shop and play. And take our mobile app, Door County On the Go™ with you on your tablet or smart phone – all of our reviews and many videos are in the app, as well as many other cool features!
1. Trolley Tour: Hop aboard the Door County Trolley that leaves from their own station just north of downtown Egg Harbor! For 45 minutes, AJ and crew will entertain you, and show you some spectacular sites – some panoramas that are breathtaking anytime, but especially in the Fall! This is a must! Check their site for special Fall Getaway Outings! Give AJ a call (and tell him we sent you!) at 920-828-1100. They have 11 different tours:
Door County Trolley, Inc. offers 11 themed tours: Narrated Scenic Tour, Premier Wine Tour, Lighthouse Tour, Wine, Spirits & Brew Tour, Ghost Tour of Door County, Haunted Pub Crawl, Bloody Mary & Brunch Tour, Wisconsin Supper Club Tour, Winter Wonderland Tour, Spring Blossom Tour, and new in 2018: Murder & Mayhem Tour, and Family Ride
2. Make Your Own Art! The Hands-On Art Studio offers a unique blend of gallery and art that you can create. You can paint ceramics, glass, shirts, ornaments, light switch plates, metal art and a lot more. We have done it many times now, and enjoyed each time a lot – the fun is not only in the doing, but also in the keepsake treasure you have created. Release the artist in you – and we are ALL artists! Fabulous fun for all! Create your art this Fall at: Hands On Art Studio 3655 Peninsula Players Rd Fish Creek 920-868-9311 Please tell Cy you read about them on our site!
3. Go Kayaking! Contact Bayshore Outdoor Store and you will have one spectacular time in the fall, seeing Door County like you have never seen it before! This is great fun on a crisp Fall day (or any day!) Also, Door County Kayak Tours offer spectacular tours as well! And check out Lakeshore Adventures too for kayaking, charter fishing and more!
4. Zip Line! Check out what Gravity Trails has to offer Baileys Harbor! Zip-lining is great fun! Read our Trusted Review for all they have to offer for some great Fall fun! Also, Egg Harbor Fun Park also added zip lining and battling cages so have fun there too! And check out Lakeshore Adventures too for zip lining, kayaking, charter fishing and more!
5. Animal Farms / Petting Zoos! For the kids in all of us, visit an animal farm! This is great fun, and we have gone to both many times! Feed the goats, see dozens of animals up close, play, enjoy the fresh air! This is a ton of fun! Please tell them we sent you – you will enjoy these farms! We love it!
Plum Loco Animal Farm
4431 Plum Bottom Road|
Egg Harbor, WI 54209
6. Winery Tour: While you’re in Door Count, take a winery tour or two! On a cold Fall day, fall into Door Peninsula Winery (in Carlsville), or Simon Creek Winery & Vineyard (in Sturgeon Bay, not far from Door Peninsula Winery – spectacular!
7. Driving Tour! Drive around aimlessly – it’s fun! Do a driving tour through the center of the peninsula. Try to stay off Hwy 42 and Hwy 57 for as long as possible – the center is gorgeous with color, hills, and beautiful patches of trees and fields. Take a ride up County A and take a few turns here and there. Explore roads you were never on before, and the sites will reward you! If you are heading north of Fish Creek from Egg Harbor, head East on Hwy E to County A. Take a left on A (heading north) and follow it all the way to Hwy 42 – you will find yourself past all the Fish Creek traffic, north of town. Take a right and continue north of Hwy 42. It’s a short cut, and a beautiful one! Try lots of different interior roads – you won’t get too lost! Really, get in the car and drive through the middle of the peninsula – you will go down roads you have never been on before!
8. Festivals! The Fall of course is a great time for the Fall Festivals in Egg Harbor (Pumpkin Patch, October 6th – 7th ) and on Washington Island Cider Pressing & Fall Fest (October 6th-7th) and 72nd Annual Sister Bay Fall Fest (October 12th – 14th). Check our Calendar of Events for more details. The Fests are a delight for all ages – we love Pumpkin Patch in Egg Harbor! HINT: There is now a parking lot up on Church Street in Egg Harbor! Park there early! Download our mobile app (Door County On the Go) that has all the calendars and events in it too!
9. Like beer? Well, you must sit out on the patio on a nice crisp, fall day and have a pumpkin beer at Shipwrecked in Egg Harbor – it’s a nice treat. Shipwrecked is at 7791 Egg Harbor Rd, in the heart of Egg Harbor. Rebuilt and reopened in 2018! We like the beer – they make a variety of 6 all together. 920-868-3036.
10 Mini-Golf: You can still mini-golf on the weekends, so have a nice cup of coffee and head out to one of four nice courses: Egg Harbor Fun Park (excellent course, with go-karts, Bounce Zone, Paint Ball, and a huge indoor arcade too; click link for video too!), Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf or Johnson’s Park in Sister Bay (go-karts, golf, batting cages, arcade, and more – video here too), or The Red Putter!
11. Carriage Ride Anyone? Who doesn’t like a carriage ride? Take a romantic carriage ride with John Mayberry! You can find John in Ephraim in the evenings, or catch him at one of the festivals where he does wagon rides, or set one up! You can always call John to set up a carriage ride ahead of time, or at least find out his schedule, at 920-743-2352. We have taken many, many rides aboard his wagons, sleighs (in winter – awesome) and carriages – picture perfect!
12. Spa! Massage! Treat yourself to luxury at the Lavender Spa at Settlement Courtyard Inn ~ Fish Creek – from facials, therapeutic body massages, wonderful skin products and more!
13. Charter Fishing and Cruises! You can take a fall excursion and catch some salmon! A great family adventure and great for the serious fisherman. Check for special times/outings in Fall – call ahead! Try
• Fish Creek Scenic Boat Tours
Fish Creek – near the Marina/Clark Park
920- 421-4442 Eric
Sail Door County
Sister Bay Marina
Stiletto Sailing Cruises
at South Shore Pier
9993 Hwy 42
• South Shore Pier
9993 Hwy 42
• Waverunners, Paddleboats, Pontoon boats
Wisconsin Water Wings
South Shore Pier
9993 Hwy 42
Parasailing! Video too!
Shoreline Charters / Scenic Cruises
Departing from Gills Rock and Baileys Harbor Marina ($3 off!)
PO Box 946
Sister Bay, WI. 54234
Sister Bay Boat Rental
Sister Bay Marina
Sister Bay, WI 54234
Andy’s Silver Strike Charter Fishing
At the Baileys Harbor Municipal Marina
Hooked Up Sportfishing Charters
6512 County C
14. Fresh Pies! Well, you’re in the right place for pies – go to Sweetie Pies in Fish Creek for some of the best pies around – lots of varieties. Read our Trusted Review – we love this place! Tell Dave and the gang we sent you! You can watch a short video too in the review section!
15. Horse Back Riding: What better time to take a ride down a beautiful trail on horse back than in the fall, in one of the most beautiful places on earth! Call ahead to check schedules and times they are open, but here are some riding places sure to please:
5712 Howard Lane
Watch a beautiful video within the review!
16. Shops! Visit a few key shops for things from holiday items to great clothing, fine art and other unusual things! Try these shops for sure:
How about some wonderful clothing?
Wilkins & Olander in Fish Creek and Sturgeon Bay has wonderful clothing and accessories for women. Great lines, like Vera Bradley(tm) Pandora(tm) jewelry, fill the shops. We have personally shopped here many times. Friendly staff and great selection of fine things for you! Make this a stop for sure! Read our Review and Watch Video!!
Main St, Founder’s Square
120 N 3rd
Hide Side Corner Store
9413 Hwy 42
Just fun stuff!
The Dancing Bear – full of fun things for adults and kids – books, puzzles, ceramics and more!
13 N 3rd Av
17. Art! You are in the right place for art! Take the time to visit the many art galleries in the towns. There are so many high-quality galleries, each is like visiting an art museum. See the festivals too for special showings!
• Beautiful watercolors at Ed Fenendael Watercolor Excitement at 3829 Fairview Road in Bailey's Harbor -
• One of our favorites in Hanseatic Art Gallery in Ephraim. Spectacular work by Karsten Topelmann and his late wife Ellen Sprogo-Topelmann. What a team! Call for hours, but you can find them at:
3060 Hwy Q
P.O. Box 13
• In Sturgeon Bay, AMO Gallery & Framery also has a wonderful collection of art, and Audrey herself is an artist. They do custom framing too, and also sell the Habour House collection of lighthouses and figurines. Tell Audrey DoorCountyNavigator.com sent you!
Check our Gallery page for many other listings.
Be sure to check the line up for Fall Art Festivals, like the Townline Art Fair, October 11th – 12th in Ephraim.
• Museums! See our listings of museums, but try to stop by
Door County Historical Museum
18 N 4th Ave
This is such a nice history of Door County, presented through artifacts and effective displays. Knowledgeable and friendly people are on hand too. Truly a little delight! The Chicago Tribune once rated it one of the best little museums in the Midwest. We do too!
The Miller Art Museum
107 S 4th Ave
Noble House Museum
Hwy 42 and Spruce St.
18. B&B Anyone? Door County has some of the best B&Bs and B&B-type inns in the Midwest, and probably the entire country. We have reviewed virtually all of these, so check them out! We like every one of them. These are all truly wonderful places – see which one you like best, and call right now to see if you can get a room!
Sturgeon Bay: White Lace Inn, Chanticleer Guest House. Read our Reviews of all of these inns at: Sturgeon Bay B&B Reviews.
Egg Harbor: Cornerstone Suites, The Ashbrooke (B&B-like), or read our Egg Harbor B&B Reviews!
Fish Creek: Thorp House Inn (see Video too). Also see White Gull Inn. Read our Fish Creek B&B Reviews!
Ephraim: try Eagle Harbor Inn,. Read our Ephraim B&B Reviews!
Baileys Harbor: try the beautiful Blacksmith Inn on the Shore, Read our Baileys Harbor B&B Reviews
• A Peninsula Park View – motel, cottages and more!
Other Homes, Cottages, Cabins and Condos to rent
Other Unique Places to Stay:
A super, completely different motel awaits you at Main Street Motel, 4209 Main St., Fish Creek 920-868-2201, or By-The-Bay Motel also in Fish Creek. Also try the Ephraim Shores Motel and Restaurant Watch the video from the review too!) in Ephraim! Or try the Lull-Abi Inn in Egg Harbor, or even the Egg Harbor Lodge (one of the best water views in Door County – see it in the review video). In Ellison Bay, try the Parkside Inn. Try Journey's End Motel & Cabins in Baileys Harbor.
Or try Homestead Suites in Fish Creek for a unique experience.
Want a gorgeous cottage in Ephraim? More nice cottages are found at Pioneer Acre Cottages!
Check our Door County Cottages as well – fabulous cottages in Egg Harbor – read our Trusted Review and Watch our Video!
Some great value places too Nordic Lodge, and Coachlite Inn all in Sister Bay, Baileys Harbor Sunset Motel & Cottages (in Baileys Harbor).
Camping Anyone? The State Parks (like Peninsula) are awesome. So is Rustic Timbers in Egg Harbor, where you can get campsites, or camping cabins! Very cool! Also check out the Frontier Wilderness Campground (video too). Check out our reviews of these camp grounds!
Resort Life for you? Try any of these resorts/inns that we have reviewed – you will not be disappointed! Call for hours of operation, winter hours if any, and availability.
Sturgeon Bay: Bridgeport, Westwood Shores, Bay Shore Inn
Egg Harbor: The Shallows , The Alpine Resort
Fish Creek: By the Bay Motel, White Gull Inn, Homestead Suites, Hilltop Inn
Ephraim: Bay Breeze Resort, Eagle Harbor Inn, the Ephraim Guest House. Try the High Point Inn, Harbor View Resort, or Somerset Inn and Suites too – great places.
Baileys Harbor: Beachfront Inn!
Sister Bay: Country House Resort, Scandinavian Lodge, Open Hearth Lodge, Little Sister Resort (video here too), Inn at Little Sister Hill, or Birchwood Lodge.
19. Food & Wine!
Top Shelf Gourmet and Café! Get cozy on a cool Fall day, curl up with a book in front of a fireplace, have some Door County or other wine that you can pick up for Top Shelf Gourmet and Café in Sister Bay – great gourmet items and sandwiches too (Country Walk Shops) – this is a GREAT shop with gourmet cheeses, wines, sauces, and a lot more! Read our Trusted Review! You can even get gourmet sandwiches to go!
Also, you will find a huge selection of wines and foods at Main Street Market in Egg Harbor – great folks and great selection! Visit their website!
Also check the Door County Deli at Liberty Square - great selection of beers and wines, cheeses and more! See their website!
WINERIES! Or visit a fine winery too!
RESTAURANTS: Many restaurants are waiting for you as well! Check out our Dining section and also bring our mobile app with you, Door County On the Go™
20. Look for Your Dream Property! Fall and Winter are a good time to take the time to look for that right piece of land, or that right house or condo in Door County. Some of the best real estate agencies and property opportunities are right here, so if you are interested in spend a half a day or so this Fall looking into a dream, check out these fine real estate opportunities:
Arbor Crowne Properties
9880 Water Street
Ephraim, WI 54211
21. Performing Arts!
Take in the last of the Peninsula Players works (Closes October 20th this year) at
Peninsula Players Theatre
Peninsula Players Rd (off Hwy 42, on bay side)
Fabulous, on the water, garden theater (bring a sweater in Fall!) – always wonderful performances and just a plain great theater experience. Check with them for schedules and final performances. If you miss the final Fall performance, keep this in mind next summer. Wonderful in the Fall!
Northern Sky Theater
In Peninsula State Park
Fish Creek Wi
Door Community Auditorium
3926 Highway 42 (top of the hill)
Fish Creek, WI
Always check The Cookery Wine Barschedule for live music!
4135 Main Street (Hwy 42)
Fish Creek, WI
Gibraltar Grill– for food and music!
3993 Main Street (Hwy 42)
Fish Creek WI
See what’s happening at TAP (Third Avenue Playhouse)
Third Avenue Playhouse
239 N. 3rd. Ave
Check our Performing Arts section for more listings and links!
22. Go Antiquing! There are many fine antique shops and antique malls in Door County, and Fall is a perfect time for antiquing! We have shopped and purchased antiques from several dealers here, with complete satisfaction. Bay Trading, Olde Orchard and Peninsula Antique center are all indoor “mall” type places – great – lots of treasure. Cornerstone has tons of primitives. So, check out these places! More are listed on our Antiques page!
Bailey's Barn Antiques & Gifts
10079 Hwy 57
The Bay Trading Company
7376 Hwy 42
Egg Harbor (South of Downtown)
10002 Hwy 57
6960 Hwy 42
Jefferson Street Antiques
709 Jefferson St.
LaMere House Antiques
6329 Hwy 57
Olde Orchard Antique Mall
7381 Hwy 42
(about 1 mi South of Downtown)
Peninsula Antique Center
7150 Hwy 42
(South of Downtown)
23. Something for your home? We have found a few really nice, and something special kind of shops in Door County where you can find a treasure or two for your Door County home, or your home-home! Nice to do on a chilly or rainy Fall day. So when you are passing through these towns, stop in and check out these shops of interest, with lots of intriguing things!
Hide Side Corner Store
9413 Hwy 42, Fish Creek 54212
(920) 868-2333 Vx
(920) 868-1816 Fx
See video too (Click Read our Trusted Review). Great leather goods for you to wear too!
24. Eating Out – Restaurants – OK, we have to say something about restaurants. You’re up here in the Fall and you want to know where you might dine and have a very nice meal. Here are a few suggestions where you might find us!
- Casual Dining
- Fred & Fuzzy’s Waterfront Bar and Grill – awesome setting, on the water – perfect! And part of a great resort, Little Sister Resort. Watch the Video and Read our Trusted Review!
- Door County Creamery in Sister Bay – great homemade cheeses, sandwiches, wine, and goat’s milk gelato! Trusted Review
- Birmingham’s (in Sturgeon Bay) – great burgers in this histories old place.
- While you are in Egg Harbor, also try these favorites of ours:
- Fun for the kids at PC Junction (at routes A & E)! Video and Trusted Review!
- Fish Creek Grill in Fish Creek
- Pelletier’s in Fish Creek too – get your last minute fish boil in!
- Gibraltar Grill in Fish Creek – great!
- Upscale and Fine Dining
25. Take A Cooking Class! Check out Savory Spoon in Ellison Bay (tell Janice HI!). Tell Janice DoorCountyNavigator.com sent you!
This is a start – there are lots more things to do! Like Bike, Hike, take a tour by air and a whole lot more!
Check our Things to Do section for more and download our mobile app Door County On the Go!
For Apple or Android devices.
Have a great time this Fall, in Door County. So enjoy some Autumn Awe – Fun-For-All on the Door County Peninsula! And remember, wherever you go, please tell them that DoorCountyNavigator.com sent you! That helps us keep this site going (in our 19th year)!
Always check with establishments ahead of time to make sure of schedule, cancellations etc.
Things can change without notice.