Historical Sites & Points of Interest in Door County

There are plenty of hsitorical sites in Door County Wisconsin - so plan on visiting some on your next trip to Door County and enjoy!  It will be fun and you will see some beautiful things while learning more about Door County!

    • Anderson Store
      10049 Water Street
      Ephraim
      920-854-7043
      This is a restored country store, built in 1858 and which is on National Historic Register.

    • Art & Nature Center
      Main & Jackson Harbor Rd.
      Washington Island
      920-847-2025
      Devoted to the history of Washington Island

    • Bjorklunden Chapel
      Hwy 57, South
      Baileys Harbor
      920-839-2216

    • Cana Island Lighthouse
      NE of Baileys Harbor
      Built in 185 - follow signs to get there

    • Cave Point County Park
      Sevastopol/Jacksonport
      For Info: call Door County Parks & Recreation: 920-746-2914
      Cave Point is a geological wonder with rocky limestone bluffs as high as 200 feet – part of the Niagara Escarpment – yes Niagara as in the falls.

    • Cupola House
      7836 Egg Harbor Road
      Egg Harbor
      920-868-3941
      800-871-1871

      Built by Levi Thorp in 1871, Cupola House stands as a National Historic Landmark building in the heart of Egg Harbor.

    • Door County Historical Museum
      18 N 4th Av
      Sturgeon Bay
      920-743-5809
      Dedicated to the history of the area

    • Door County Maritime Museum
      120 N. Madison
      Sturgeon Bay

    • Eagle Bluff Lighthouse In Peninsula State Park
      It was built in 1868, and is on National Historic Register. Ephraim Monument Moravians landed in about 1853, and this honors and commemorates this.

    • Ellison Bluff County Park
      Ellison Bay
      920-854-5448

 

    • Ephraim Wetlands Preserve
      9820 Water Street
      Ephraim
    • Hardy Gallery
      At Anderson Dock on Hwy 42
      Art gallery in building which is a national historic landmark.
      920-854-5535

    • Historical Village at The Crossroads
      Sturgeon Bay Wi
      920-421-2332

    • Historical Marker at Friends Church. 
      Old School House
      Hwy. 42 & 57,
      Sister Bay
      920-854-2812
      Built in 1866, it was the first schoolhouse in Northern Door County.

    • Jackson Harbor Maritime Museum
      Washington Island Dedicated to history of the island's maritime industry.

    • Log Cabin of Asa Thorp
      (Original) Founder's Square, Fish Creek, behind the shops Built in 1849, by the founder of Fish Creek 920-868-2316

    • Noble House Museum
      Corner of Hwy 42/Spruce
      Fish Creek
      Built in 1875, On National Register of Historic Homes
      920-868-2091

    • Old Rugged Cross
      1913 Maple Ave.,
      Sturgeon Bay

    • Pioneer School House
      9998 Moravia St.,
      Ephraim.
      920-854-5207
      Original 1869 schoolhouse

    • Portes des Mortes (Death's Door)
      This is the body of water between Gills Rock and Washington Island. Very strong currents, which during storms took many ships to the bottom.

    • Range Lights
      Near the Ridges & Bailey's Harbor (follow signs) Similar to lighthouses, these are guide lights for ships.

    • Ridges Sanctuary (Nature sanctuary)
      Hwy 57, N - 1/2 mile N. of Baileys Harbor
      A beautiful nature preserve formed by the lake waters No cars here, just walking.

  • The Ridges on Washington Island
    Jackson Harbor, NE corner of Washington Island.
  • Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal & Coastguard Station
    Lighthouse Eastern foot of canal. Completed in 1882.

  • Thomas Goodletson House
    Ephraim.
    Built in 1857, it is restored & furnished for the period. One of the first houses in Door County.

  • Washington Island Farm Museum
    Jackson Harbor Rd.,
    920-847-2156
    Washington Island Old farm equipment, log buildings.

Joomla SEF URLs by Artio